Drum Type Magnetic Separators
|Magnet Grade||Upto N 52|
are used for Automatic separation of Magnetic Particles
from Fine Powder. Drum Type Magnetic Separators are available in two designs.
Magnetic drum separators provide an efficient means for extracting ferrous material from dry, bulk products in free-flowing processing systems.
They are comprised of a stationary permanent magnet, either standard Ferrite Magnets or High Power Rare Earth Magnets enclosed in a non-magnetic stainless-steel drum. Product flow is diverted so that it falls onto the top and flows across the surface of the drum. Ferrous matter contained in the product flow is drawn to the drum''s surface (and held against it) by the powerful magnet housed inside.
While non-ferrous products falls from the side of the drum in a normal manner, ferrous metal clings to its surface. As the portion of the drum with the ferrous material rotates to the side opposite the product flow, the magnetic field is reduced so that the ferrous matter falls from the drum into a collection container. The end result is purified product ready for processing without the worry of costly damage caused by tramp metal.
Rare Earth, Neodymium is 5 times stronger than Ceramic Magnets and can remove micron sized particles.
Drum Separators can be provided as the drum only or as a complete assembly with the housing and drive included. A variety of sizes and strengths are available for many applications.Features :
- Drum magnets are powerful magnet assembly combined with high surface holding power.
- The magnets have greater magnetic pole area.
- They require minimum space and are simple to operate.
- They are flexible enough to be applied for various purposes
- Drum magnets have steel support bearings
- The materials normally used for housing drum magnets are stainless steel, flanges etc.
- The magnetic materials preferred for drum magnets are either ceramic magnets or rare earth magnets.
- They are available in different sizes and face width.
- Normally the drum magnets have self cleaning design.